Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rain,Ridin',Beer N Ribs

So last saturday I hit the ripe age of 40. Been planning a ball buster ride on that day to just slow time down. To me suffering seems to slow time down so suffering is what was in store for this day. The word went out to a few and most werre fearin and two came along. The two would be B.Long and Frankie.
Route ridden:
Southridge fire road
Mid Southridge
Lower South
Subway
Coldwater
Mirkwood
Meadow connector
Coffee Pot
Spine
2nd Bro
Startle Factor
Missing Link
Rage in the Sage
Tunnel
Lil Thomas
Upper Ramona
Lower Ramona
Home.
About 50+ miles and a crapload of climbing.
Rained for the first few hours but overall the temps were perfect.With some perfectly timed beers at the top of Ramona and @ the market and who could forget the beers that were had in front of Brian's room in town. Kind of misty cold at that point but B,Leann,Yumi,Frank and myself shared a few beers.
Rolled home with a Buzz and my lovely wife Yumi had fresh baked bread,pretzels and ribs for my B-day. Kids made a few presents that were super cool. Yumi made me a Hemp anklet.
But back to the grub......the family ate like Vikings(pretty good for a bunch of Asians)and I drank AleSmith Barley Wine and I was LIT.
Didn't take long after a belly full of grub and some Barley wine to pass my Ass out.
Good day of ridin,drinkin,and eatin.
Flag next week.

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING HONEY.

Pedal 1 Long

2 comments:

Brendan said...

Hooray! I finally figured out the "lost password" stuff, wasn't as bad as I'd expected.

Nice blog & pics. Totally love the header photo too-- I think I've been there! ;-)

bike bike. up for a fun ride this Sunday?

Liana Peacock said...

Yeah, remember how the nutbrown was FROZEN!! Good to see you last weekend.